Yesterday, October 2nd, the latest build (build 4.017) of Transaction Pro Importer 4.0 for QuickBooks was released with many new features added. Typically, updates to the program are released once a month.
The following new features were added in this latest version:
- Ability to replace matching transactions with the data in your import file
- Item list import now supports update existing items in your company file
- Item assembly import now supports adding new assemblies as well as modifying existing assemblies
Below we will show you how to ensure that you have the latest build of Transaction Pro. The version number that you are currently using is shown in the bottom left hand corner of the first screen of Transaction Pro. To check to see if you have the latest build select the About button on the bottom right hand corner.
Then when the license information screen appears select the Check for Updates button and the bottom left hand corner of the screen. A browser window will open and will indicate if there are any new builds available for download.
In this blog post we will discuss how to enable the replace option within Transaction Pro.
On the first screen of Transaction Pro select the options button. Then on the basic tab select the option, Replace transactions with matching reference number in QuickBooks.
Some examples of how this feature might be used are as follows:
- A customer makes changes to an invoice after it has been imported.
- Add custom fields or classes to existing transactions
Things that the user of this option should consider:
- The import will take a little longer to complete as Transaction Pro also needs to
1. Query the company file for the matching reference number
2. Delete the existing transaction
3. Create a new transaction in it’s place
- If there is a transaction linked to the one being replaced the link will be broken.
We will cover the other two features added in another blog post. You can also request the most recent version of Transaction Pro Importer 4.0 here.