Do you have a vendor that requires you to send them transactions in a specified format? Are you finding that you cannot find a report in QuickBooks that gives you all the data that you need and in the correct format? If this is the case you many need a third party utility to produce this report for you.
Using Transaction Pro Exporter within the program you can specify any of the following:
- Fields to be exported
- Order of the fields
- Field Labels
- Export Type (txt, csv or excel)
- Add default or user defined values. You can read more about this here.
You can also select many filters to get exactly the data that you need. Some of the many filters available to you include:
- After selecting the import type you can select either a reference number range or a date range (Search Filter)
- Then you can select a report basis: Cash or Accrual (Options)
- If you need to select only transactions for a certain customer(s), vendor(s), employee(s) or other name(s) you can select these names (Names Filter)
- For those transactions that use accounts instead of items you can select the account that you want to include (Accounts Filter)
- If you only want to export transactions for certain classes you can do that as well (Classes Filter)
You can also further refine the data that you export by selecting one of these additional options:
- Export new data since last export (Since Last Export checkbox)
- Paid Status (select All, Paid or Unpaid)
- Select date modified (next to date range box)
Many of our clients use a fulfillment center to ship their orders. So I am going to provide an example below of how to create a flat file that you can send to your vendor.
Lets assume that your vendor needs all invoices for 6/30/2012 that have a class of East as they use different fulfillment locations based upon where the customer is located. In addition the fulfillment center only requires the invoice number, the ship to and item information.
First you need to retrieve the transactions. On the main screen of Transaction Pro Exporter you indicate the following filters:
- Select transaction type of invoice
- On the search filter criteria tab select date and put in the from and to dates of 6/30/2012
Once you have retrieved the data you can customize the export by selecting the Select Fields Button.
Below is the mapping screen. You can select which fields, indicate the order of the fields as well as change the field labels.
Below you will see that we selected some of the fields to export and have changed the order as well as we have changed some column headers. Specifically, we checked the include field next to the Field Name, RefNumber, changed the Field Label to Invoice Number and have indicated that its field order should be the number 1. Then we have selected the remaining fields that are highlighted in yellow and have indicated the field order. Once you are happy with the mapping select the OK button to return to the main screen.
You will then be returned to the main screen where you will see your data with its revised order and file headings. At this point you select the export format that you want and then the export to file button.
Transaction Pro Exporter supports most QuickBooks Transaction Types and Lists. You can find out more about this product and download a free demo here.
This post is meant to be a brief introduction to the product. There are also many advanced features which you can enable by reviewing this forum post.
If you have any questions please post a comment below.