Do you have a need to export transactions or list items from QuickBooks Online to either an excel. csv or text file? If so you could use Transaction Pro Exporter for QuickBooks Online (‘TPE for QBO’) to easily accomplish this.
Our users have told us that they have used TPE for QBO to help them with the following processes:
- Create files of transactions that they could send to their fulfillment centers for shipment
- Export transactions and lists to be imported into either another QuickBooks Online company file or a QuickBooks desktop file
- Export transactions and lists to be imported into another back end system
- TPE for QBO currently allows you to export up to 10 different transactions/list items which are listed below.
|* Class||* Bill|
|* Customer||* Check|
|* Employee||* Invoice|
|* Items (Service Only)||* Sales Receipt|
|* Vendor||* Time Tracking|
- For illustration purposes we are going to show you how to export invoices from QuickBooks Online to a csv file. In the screen shot below we selected invoice as the type and a date range of 8/13/2012 to 8/13/2012 and selected the retrieve transactions button. The user also has the option of putting in an invoice number range.
- In this example since the user is sending this data to their warehouse they just want to send the invoice number, ship to information, items and quantities. So the user then selects the select fields button.
Then you will see a listing of all the fields available. If you would like a field to appear in your export you just check the box Include field next to the Field Name that you want to appear. In the last column you indicate the order in which you want these columns to appear. Please not that these map settings are retained so you only need to do this mapping once. There is an OK button below this grid that you will select to return you to the main screen.
Below you will see that only the data that you selected is in the grid for export in the order that you specified.
Then you will select the export format. In this case we selected csv and then select the export to file button and then you can save this file to your computer.
You can request a free trial of the software here so you can test it out. If you have any questions or would like to comment on how you might use this application in your business please post this info below in the comments.