Note: Intuit has come out with a newer QuickBooks Online API please go here to sign up for a free trial.
Last month we released a new version of our installable importer that works with QuickBooks Online, Transaction Pro Importer 3.0 (“TPI3”) for QuickBooks Online.
New Features Available in Transaction Pro Importer 3
- Internet Based Activation: We have added the same activation system as you have become familiar with our QuickBooks desktop products. If you no longer have access to your old machine You can read more here.
- New file types supported: Connect to MS-Access or ODBC compliant databases like MS-SQL Server, mySQL and Oracle for your import file data
- Enhanced viewability of the data grids: Ability to Zoom the data grids to fill the entire screen
- Improved transaction log reporting: Outputs from all imports can be sent to log window that can be saved to Excel when this option is set
- Mapping Screen Now has formulas: Ability to use simple formulas in your mapping to combine fields. Read more here.
- Mapping Screen Smart Mapping Technology: Click a button and TPI 3 maps your fields based on matching field names.
- Data Dictionary Enhancements: Enhanced data dictionary for QuickBooks field lengths and types (fields.tpi)
- Ability to turn off login security so you do not have to obtain a login key everytime from QuickBooks Online. This is not recommended if others have access to your computer. You can read more here.
- Windows 8 compatiblity
Some Additional Information
This application is written on the QuickBooks Online SDK. As you may have heard Intuit has decided to not provide any more enhancements to this developer API so if you not see a field or transaction type available in the product today we will never be able to add it. For instance you cannot use items on checks or bill imports and you cannot set the to be emailed flag on sales transactions. In addition, the platform that this is run on is slower than the Intuit App Center.
However that being said there are some advantages of this platform over the Intuit App Center platform.
- TPI3 for QBO can be used with an unlimited number of QuickBooks Online company files
- Credit Memos, Credit Card Charges and Vendor Credits are supported in TPI3 for QBO. Currently these transaction types are not made available to developers on the Intuit App Center.
We do have a free trial available so you can evaluate the product…
Intuit App Center – Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks Online
We also offer a Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks Online on the Intuit App Center which is cloud based. While logged into QuickBooks Online you can find our App on the App Center tab or you can go directly to the Intuit App Center page.
Free trials are available for both products so I suggest that you take a free trial of both applications.