If you are looking for a fast and easy way to import Cash purchase into QuickBooks Online, take a free trial of our Transaction Pro Importer App.
Some of the most common use can scenarios for a Cash purchase import are listed below:
- Importing transactions from a debit card.
- Importing Monthly or Daily Activity from another account system.
Tips and Tricks when creating your Import file and Transaction Pro Importer mapping:
- If you have a Cash Purchase transsction that has multiple distribution lines on it repeat the same value on every line (e.g. a transaction id or Cash purchase number) and then Transaction Pro will know to group the multiple lines onto one Cash purchase.
- The App support both account numbers and account names. However, only include either the lowest sub-account number or the entire account name in your import file and not both.
- Fields will become required if you decide to use either products or services on the Item Tab (map to the QuickBooks fields LineItem and LineAmount) or if you use Expense Accounts on the Accounts Tab (ExpenseAccount and ExpenseAmount).
Below is a screen shot showing all the fields available for import on a Cash purchase in Transaction Pro Importer. You can also find a direct link to this field description document here.
Below is a screen shot of an actual Cash purchase entry from QuickBooks Online with all the Transaction Pro Importer field names noted.
Any questions or comments on how to import Cash purchases into QuickBooks Online feel free to post them below.